domingo, 18 de mayo de 2014

Teasers Sweet Reckoning- Wendy Higgins

I texted Kaidan, who was listed in my contacts under “James,” for James Bond. He’d chosen it. He had me listed as “Hot Chick From Gig.”Video chat in 30.His immediate response made me shake my head.Clothing optional?It was nice to know he could keep a sense of humor in the face of calamity. Or maybe he wasn’t joking...“Are you two flirting?” Patti asked, her eyes darting to me from the road.I blushed and deleted his message.Le mandé un mensaje de texto a Kaidan,  quien estaba agregado en mi lista de contactos como "James," por James Bond. Él lo escogió así. Él me tenia agregada como "Chica Caliente De Una Tocada"Video chat en treinta minutos.Su respuesta inmediata me hizo negar con la cabeza.¿La ropa es opcional?Era agradable saber que podía mantener su sentido del humor en cara a la calamidad. O a lo mejor no estaba bromeando...—¿Están coqueteando?—preguntó Patti, sus ojos moviéndose hacia mi del camino.Me ruboricé y borré el mensaje.I laid back the lounge chair and rolled to my stomach, content.Sounds of splashing faded as I dozed.And then I heard a beautiful voice. . . . “Cover your arse, and nobody gets hurt.”I lifted my head to see Kaidan crouched next to me. He was here! Just as I was about to get up and throw my arms around him, his gaze slid down my body to my butt and stayed there. Hello, stormy eyes.I felt twice as hot under the sun as I had one minute ago.I threw the towel over my body, which forced his eyes back to mine.“Hey,” I whispered.He touched my face, and I leaned into his palm.“I feel like it’s been a year since I saw you,” he said softly. “I’ve missed you.”I reached up and cupped his hand. “I’ve missed you, too.”“But you’re still in trouble.” His voice was low and gravelly.

Jay took out his guitar. He was decent at it, but the piano was his best talent. He couldn’t get a certain riff right, so he handed the instrument to Kaidan, and my heart flipped.I recalled him saying he played guitar, but I’d never actually seen or heard him play. Kaidan began to pick at each string, testing and tuning with his full attention. I watched the way his hands moved across the wood and strings, gently, reverently, his body seeming to curl around it as if it were a part of him. . . . I felt my hands getting sweaty, because watching Kaidan get lost in music did crazy things to me. My breathing became ragged and I couldn’t take my eyes off him.He looked up at that moment and caught me staring hard. He knew. He knew what it did to me! I could tell because his badge expanded.He angled himself away from the others and signed to me, I want to be alone with you tonight.Patti did have a lot of guests staying in the house. I signed back, I’ll work on it.“Excellent,” he whispered, a hot grin sliding onto his face.



No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario